Club History

The Glenthompson and Dunkeld football and netball clubs amalgamated in 2004, to form the 'Glenthompson Dunkeld Rams'.

 

In 1910 the Willaura and District Football association was formed. Amongst other clubs the Glenthompson football club competed. 

In 1928 the name of the competition change to Mininera and District Football Association.

The Mininera and District Netball Association was formed in 1939 (then known as Mininera and District Basketball Association).

In 1947, Glenthompson was admitted to the competition.

In 1954, the competition changed its name to Mininera and District Football League and Dunkeld joined the competition.

In 1960, the under 16 competition began.

In 1962, Murdoch Templeton was elected league secretary. A position he held until 1995. 

In 1967, the under age comp changed to under 17. In 1970, the under 13 competition started, but ended by 1978. 

In 1979, the reserves competition began and the underage competition changed to under 15. 

By 2000, more clubs had joined with 12 teams now admitted. The MDNA provides netball programs for twelve clubs, with three junior and three senior grades to enhance and develop their skills and knowledge of the game, whilst maintaining a sense of fun and enjoyment.

In 2002, Dunkeld withdrew from the competition. 

In 2010, the Mininera and District Football Association (formerly known as Willaura and District Football Association) celebrated 100 years – a wonderful achievement for the league.

 

In 2014, the MDNA celebrated 75 years  - a great achievement.